- Bulk Order
Dr. Fixit Raincoat is composed of high quality acrylic emulsion polymer, light fast & weather durable pigments, properly selected & graded fine fillers, many additives & water as a medium.
It is used as a waterproofing & protective coating for exterior walls of the buildings because it forms higher film thickness, has excellent flexibility, breathing properties, water resistance, crack-bridging ability, weathering durability and an excellent resistance to the growth of microorganisms.
Areas of Application
1. All types of exterior masonry surfaces, concrete, cements and renderings, etc.
2. Applicable on asbestos sheets.
Features & Benefits
1. Film thickness - Higher film thickness provides resistance to the movements of structures, gives crack bridging ability & waterproofing properties.
2. Flexibility - Flexible and covers hairline cracks(upto 0.5 mm) effectively so that no ingress of water.
3. Toughness - Tough films withstands wind driven rain.
4. Elasticity - High elasticity easily withstands stress caused by thermal expansion & contraction (>100% elongation at 110-120 micron DFT ).
5. Ready to use – No dilution is required hence ensures desired film thickness built-up without affecting the performance.
6. Microbial resistance – Resistance to fungus and algae hence maintains the aesthetic value.
7. UV resistant – Resistance to UV (Sun light) hence coating has longer life.
8. Dirt pick up – Very low dirt pick up & can be cleaned easily hence maintains the aesthetics.
9. Breathability - Permeable to water vapour.
10. Ease of application – User friendly, easily applicable by brush, roller or spray.
11. Toxicity - It is Non-toxic.
Method of Application
1 SURFACE PREPARATION
a. All new cement-sand renderings /concrete surfaces should be allowed to age 6 to 8 weeks before surface coating.
b. Surface for treatment must be thoroughly cleaned of all laitance, loose material, oil, grease, etc. by mechanical means such as wire brushing & shot blasting .
c. Finally vacuum cleaning of all loose solids and liquids can be done, if required.
d. All surface cracks upto 5 mm width should be filled up with Dr.Fixit Crack-X or Dr.Fixit Unifiller. Cracks more than 5 mm and all separation gaps should be filled up with Dr.Fixit Pidicrete URP or Dr.Fixit Unibond SBR
modified mortar or as specified.
1. Prime the surface with Dr. Fixit Primeseal diluted with potable water by volume in 2:1 ratio (2 parts primer and 1part water) and allow it to dry for 2 to 3 hours
Use Raincoat directly from the container. Stir c }} ontents well before use.
1. Apply two neat coats of Raincoat without dilution by brush or roller at a time interval of 5-6 hours.
2. For enhanced protection, apply additional coat of Raincoat on rain lashing walls, chajjas and parapet walls.
3. Allow the coated surface to air cure fully for 7 days.
Precautions & Limitations
1. Do not dilute Dr. Fixit Raincoat.
2. Recommended to be primed with Dr. Fixit Primeseal only.
3. Do not apply when ambient temperature is below 100C or above 450C.
4. Do not apply in direct sunlight or during rains.
5. Adhesion property may get affected over poor quality putty and very smooth surfaces.
3.0 to 3.5 m2 per litre for 2 coats*
*Coverage may vary depending upon the texture and porosity of the surface
|Appearance||-||Emulsion paint (available in white
& dark bases)
|Elongation (250 micron DFT ), %||ASTM D 412-02||> 190|
|Water permeability -
Reduction in water penetration@ 5 bar pressure (%)
|BS EN 12390||68|
|Rapid chloride penetration test –
Penetration of chloride ion
|ASTM C 1202 – 97||Very low|
|Algae & fungal resistance||SS 345 : 1998||No growth|
|Accelerated weathering (1000 hrs UV exposure)||ASTM D 4587||No defects|
|Tensile strength, N/mm2||ASTM D 412-02||> 2.6|
|Crack bridging ability||ASTM C 836||Passes more than 2 mm width|
|Adhesion strength, N/mm2||
|Coating thickness (2 coats DFT), microns||110|